Do you listen to DVD commentaries?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you listen to DVD commentaries?

Post  Jack Napier on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:32 pm

I have to confess that I listen to them a lot, and generally find them to be quite interesting. Not all of them are, of course, and can be quite dull, it depends on who is doing the talking.

Some I recommend are:

Hunter S. Thompson's on Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas. Insanity (of course).
Quentin Tarantino's on True Romance. Insight into how the movie got made, and him clashing with Tony Scott about the ending.
Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and guests on Anchorman. Hilarious.
Robert Downey Jr and Jake Gyllenhall, and James Ellroy, Brad Fischer and James Vanderbilt on Zodiac. Ellroy LOVES the movie.
Any of the John Carpenter/Kurt Russell movies. They do them together and just love each other.

Jack Napier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you listen to DVD commentaries?

Post  Virgil Brigman on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 pm

I love listening to audio commentaries, the more entertaining the better though.

One that I love to listen to is Steven Soderbergh and James Cameron on Solaris. Very different directors with truly different style, but their commentary together makes for wonderful listening and gives great insight to the creative processes of two very different types of storytellers.

And for something different, there's the commentaries on all three Matrix movies by three critics who hate the movies. Not sure what the point of it was, but fair play to the Wachowski's for even allowing it to happen.
Virgil Brigman

View user profile http://virgilbrigmanbackontheair.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Live for Films on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:49 pm

I love listening to commentaries but very rarely get the time to listen to them.

The Usual Suspects has a good one and I agree with the Carpenter / Russell commentaries. Always good for a laugh.
Live for Films
Admin

View user profile http://www.liveforfilms.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top