Live for Films
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the last film you watched?

+24
filmrant
themoviesfive
AgentGraves
CriticalTodd
thesubstream
Asherett
logical_paul
crazzycat
Tony Thulago
pjowens75
Kwamz
catfacer
Deckard
thewarfreak
GonZoyote
Amy Laurel
Nenad
ToxicDeath
Daan
beerbellybirch
Mekka
anotherzen
DeCoursey
Live for Films
28 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What was the last film you watched? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was the last film you watched?

Post  Mekka Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:52 am

Philadelphia - I can't believe I have never seen this film before. It was brilliant. Very moving and it made me think. I'm so glad that public opinion seems to have shifted in the past 15 years. Also that medical knowledge has advanced to prevent the disease being automatically fatal. The best Hanks performance I've seen. A damn fine one from Denzel too.
Mekka
Mekka

Back to top Go down

What was the last film you watched? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was the last film you watched?

Post  catfacer Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Transformers 2 - a blur of CGI. I don't know why I bothered.
catfacer
catfacer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekka Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:02 pm

Chain Reaction - Despite having Brian Cox in it, a major yawn. I was more interested in Weisz's eyebrows needing a tidy than the plot.
Mekka
Mekka

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:22 am

Race to Witch Mountain
6/10

Not as bad as i taught, overly packed with cliche comments, characters and plot, but still a decent
action/comedy adventure for the youngest. the Rock semed to have slimmed down somewhat as of late,
made him look more normal witch fit the part nicely.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Live for Films Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:17 pm

The Truman Show

9/10

One of Carrey's greatest performances. Everything about the film is so well done. I love it.
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

http://www.liveforfilms.com

Back to top Go down

Post  catfacer Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Frontiers - 6/10 I quite enjoyed this, despite reminding me of many other films. The Nazi cannibal thing was...interesting. I love horror films and a good bit of torture.

For a better French horror film, see Martyrs.
catfacer
catfacer

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:50 am

Live for Films wrote:The Truman Show

9/10

One of Carrey's greatest performances. Everything about the film is so well done. I love it.

I agree, pretty awesome movie, Carrey is great, just as he is in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,
and shows he ain't just a comic rubberface, but a really good actor.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Life of Brian 7.5/10

I love the monty python films, but i have to say this is the weakest of the three films.
dont ask me why, i just enjoy the other 2 films more, but 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life' makes up for it.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekka Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:29 pm

The First Wives Club - Cheesy, silly, obvious and the actors should know better. Having said that I quite enjoyed it. Just what I needed to unwind and empty my mind to.
Mekka
Mekka

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:39 pm

Cowboy Bebop (the movie)
8/10

Not as good as the series, but close. Mostly its the music that ain't on par all the time
and the story isn't as good as most of the episodes in the series are.

Still, its a great movie, great voice acting and drawing style. And above else spectacular
characters and storytelling.

Also recommend checking out the series.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:25 am

Watchmen Directors Cut
8/10

Good movie, art direction/lighting is stunning, decent actors and great soundtrack (not score).
I haven't read the comic, tho i felt there where something missing.. cant really put
my finger on it but, well there is something about it. Its was quite predictable, knew
who the villain was after the first murder :/ Not really that much action as i thought
it would be, which was nice, some more char development would be welcomed tho.
All in all, im guessing its quite true to the comic, and thats why it is like it is, so im
guessing i would give the comic the same rating Smile

dr. manhatten was perfect.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Cadence 6,5/10

Nice movie, weird to see Charlie Sheen being serious for once.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Land of the Lost 2009
3/10

just horrid, no story, no acting, no humor, no plot, no nothing just a bunch of random scenes and then its over..

gave it 3 because there where some nice scenery once or twice and a scene where Will Ferrell rides a dinosaur wasnt half bad.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Green Lantern First Flight
8/10

Very nice introduction to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, nice action, voice acting, animation
and the story was cool aswell. The only thing i that i felt was a bit rushed was the overall quickness
from where he first got the ring to where he was able to use it flawlessly, there was like a whole movie
missing there hehe, but still, its a a cartoon, a very nice one, and most def recommended to GL and DC fans Very Happy
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  catfacer Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:46 am

Antichrist

I know this film got many contemptuous and angry reviews from people who were shocked by the content, but I found it beautiful and quite breathtaking. The violence is not gratuitous. In fact it almost reminded me of a disturbing short film called Cutting Moments, where a couple work out their emotional and communicational difficulties through pain. Bizarre but disconcerting to watch, because you know that emotional pain manifests itself in different ways inside all of us.
The fact that Lars Von Trier made Antichrist without thinking about an audience, it was a kind of catharthis for himself, and also another of his films that demonstrates his desire to break down the boundaries of cinema, gives me faith in the power of film to deliver that which is both expressive and purposeful.

So I'd give Antichrist 9/10. I love anything that goes beyond expectation.
catfacer
catfacer

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:14 am

Stargate SG1 - Children of the Gods Final Cut 2009 version (tv series pilot)
7,5/10

Re-mastered, re-edited, new special effects and a new score by Joel Goldsmith that is really good.
Its more of a movie now, the story fits better, told better. Overall its like it should have been when it came out.
I for one didn't like it before and it put me off the whole series for 5 years, untill i was sick one day and disided to give
it another try as i had nothing else to do. Im glad i did, and now im really glad they fixed on the pilot, its now complete,
and so is the series Very Happy
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kwamz Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:21 pm

anotherzen wrote:Green Lantern First Flight
8/10

Very nice introduction to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, nice action, voice acting, animation
and the story was cool aswell. The only thing i that i felt was a bit rushed was the overall quickness
from where he first got the ring to where he was able to use it flawlessly, there was like a whole movie
missing there hehe, but still, its a a cartoon, a very nice one, and most def recommended to GL and DC fans Very Happy

Is this film for people are being introduced to the series?

Kwamz

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Kwamz wrote:

Is this film for people are being introduced to the series?

Sure, i would recommend it for people new to the universe and fans alike.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Once Upon A Time In America - 8,5/10

Picked this up for €5,- at a flea market, best deal ever.
What a great movie, great cast, great music, great great great, go see it if you haven't already.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekka Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:10 am

Away From Her - 6/10

So, so, so depressing. I can see it's good points but it bored me.
Mekka
Mekka

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Stoic
8/10

Uwe Bolls latest flick, not so much surprised anymore that he makes great movies.
A story of 4 inmates and a sad suicide amongst them.
This movie really shows humans at their worst and what they are capable of. Intense,
violent but not really on screen graphic, and evil.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:29 am

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra
6/10

Not as bad as i thought. Good action, OK performances by the cast, surprise cameo by
Brendan Fraser, and a couple of nice fight sequences with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow
makes up for the lame story, bad CGI and terrible dialogue and script.

overall, a nice mindless popcorn flick.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Live for Films Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:22 am

Psycho

8 / 10

I find it mad that I had never actually seen this film. Sure I'd seen the famous scenes but I'd never sat down to watch it.

Finally saw it last night and loved it. Anthony Perkins is simply stunning as Norman Bates and Hitchcock is a true genius.

I love the way the film starts off one way and then just goes BAM!
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Live for Films Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:23 am

anotherzen wrote:Stoic
8/10

Uwe Bolls latest flick, not so much surprised anymore that he makes great movies.
A story of 4 inmates and a sad suicide amongst them.
This movie really shows humans at their worst and what they are capable of. Intense,
violent but not really on screen graphic, and evil.
I was interested in whether this was going to be a good film or whether he was going to go the bad film tax break route again.

May try and catch it when I can
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pjowens75 Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:18 pm

Spirited Away
Tried watching it last night for the 4th time (yawn). It always puts me to sleep. Last night I made it all the way through to the end. Gotta ask myself "why?". Sooo sloooww... Miyazaki's most over-rated.
pjowens75
pjowens75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next