Live for Films
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 - February 6th: (Monster Movie Extravaganza) Tremors

3 posters

Go down

2010 - February 6th: (Monster Movie Extravaganza) Tremors Empty 2010 - February 6th: (Monster Movie Extravaganza) Tremors

Post  anotherzen Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:05 am

First movie in the Monster Movie Extravaganza Very Happy

Tremors: 1990

Directed by: Ron Underwood
Starring: Keving Bacon, Fred Ward, Michael Gross.

imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100814/

Spawned 4 sequels, with the latest one comming this year (2010), and a 1 season spinoff series with appearances by Christopher Lloyd.
In my opinion, a cult classic monster horror/comedy with a great list of actors and a set in the perfect surrounding Wink
The smorgasbord is served, enjoy.

trailer:
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

2010 - February 6th: (Monster Movie Extravaganza) Tremors Empty Re: 2010 - February 6th: (Monster Movie Extravaganza) Tremors

Post  Live for Films Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:09 pm

"Broke into the wrong God damn rec room, didn't ya you bastard! "
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

http://www.liveforfilms.com

Back to top Go down

2010 - February 6th: (Monster Movie Extravaganza) Tremors Empty Re: 2010 - February 6th: (Monster Movie Extravaganza) Tremors

Post  Live for Films Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 pm

For those just joining us - Once Feb 6th is here we all watch the film then get on line to chat about it.

Favourite scene - Cool quotes - best kill - continuity errors - interesting trivia about the film - What changes you would have made etc
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pjowens75 Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Watched it again last night, for the umpteenth time, and it still rocks!

I have tried to think of things that they could have changed to make things better, and I can't think of anything. I mean, I can't think of 2 better actors to play dumb-ass than Fred Ward and Kevin Bacon. And Michael Gross and Reba McEntire are the couple of the year.

According to director Ron Underwood, with the exception of Fred Ward & Reba McEntire, pretty much everyone was cast from auditions. Fred Ward was picked because the director and writers liked him so much in a movie called "UFOria", but were afraid he would say no. All it took was his reading the scipt once and he accepted right away. Reba McEntire was a studio suggestion. She was a BIG country music star who wanted to make movies, so the studio forced her on the first time director. But after their first meeting he knew she was perfect for the part.

This movie really didn't need any of the sequels, and they are best ignored. But it's a real classic, and, except for a sprinkling of the F-word, is a monster movie that is fun for the whole family.
pjowens75
pjowens75

Back to top Go down

Post  Live for Films Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:12 pm

It is a great film and totally agree that it stands up to repeat viewings. I love the slow burn of them discovering the victims of the graboids. May have even worked better if you didn't see the initial attacks - just had them discover the car under the ground etc and be wondering what the hell is going on.

That makes me think about how good it would be to see a film with no idea what it is about - imagine not knowing the name of a film and seeing none of the pictures or trailers. That happens to me vary rarely when flicking through the channels, but 9 times out of 10 I've either heard about it or seen it before. Oh well, the perils of being a film blogger! Smile

The sequels to Tremors where not needed and kind of dilute the initial concept. You don't really want or need to know what happens to the survivors.
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:14 am

Hehe, i think i can watch this movie a gazilion times and it never gets old. the whole setup with the small graboids and the whole feel to the dusty
town is just perfect. From the moment i hear STAMPEEEEED!!!! its all such a fun ride. I really cant think of much that could do it
better, but yeah, not seeing what happened to the people on the before hand could have ramped up the mystery abit more.
The duo by Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward is just amazing, heck every character in this movie is great Smile

This movie is packed full of quirky and funny quotes aswell as great moments, my favourite quote must be:
Food for five years, a thousand gallons of gas, air filtration, water filtration, Geiger counter. Bomb shelter! Underground... God damn monsters.
and
Broke into the wrong God damn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!
ahh, classic Very Happy

Tho the sequels and prequel aint really that good, the first sequel ain't bad tho. But none of them even comes close to the original.
I hope the original cast will be back for the new one, but i guess thats to much to hope for.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down