Live for Films
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the greatest TV show of all time?

+8
thewarfreak
Kwamz
GonZoyote
ToxicDeath
Daan
Paul Llewellyn
anotherzen
Live for Films
12 posters

Go down

What is the greatest TV show of all time? Empty What is the greatest TV show of all time?

Post  Live for Films Wed May 13, 2009 9:02 am

Quite a lot of scope in this one, but think back to shows that have been consistently brilliant
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

http://www.liveforfilms.com

Back to top Go down

What is the greatest TV show of all time? Empty Re: What is the greatest TV show of all time?

Post  anotherzen Wed May 13, 2009 9:50 am

Hard to say, i have so many favs. but in no particular order:

Day Break
Battlestar Galactica (the new one)
Burn Notice
Doctor Who (also the new one)
Chobits
Scrapped Princess
Last Exile
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!
Star Trek TNG
Transformers (generation 1)

If i had to choose one.. bahh.. BSG ^^
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

What is the greatest TV show of all time? Empty Re: What is the greatest TV show of all time?

Post  Paul Llewellyn Wed May 13, 2009 2:09 pm

My favourite show of all time is The Larry Sanders Show.

The Simpsons, Twin Peaks, The Office, Lost and BSG are shows that I've not tired of.

Paul Llewellyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Thu May 14, 2009 4:26 pm

the only show i watch is Lost, i tried watching Heroes but they stopped airing it here.
Besides lost i watch sitcoms and comedy shows, like Frasier and My Name Is Earl.
And the dutch version of survivor when its on, i like that too.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  ToxicDeath Sat May 16, 2009 10:20 am

I love the new Battlestar Galactica and the new Doctor Who, i also really enjoy Torchwood, about the only programs I watch.
ToxicDeath
ToxicDeath

http://toxicsthoughts.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GonZoyote Fri May 29, 2009 2:26 pm

In no order...

The Sopranos
The Wire
Battlestar Galactica (New)
Six Feet Under
Lost
The Shield
GonZoyote
GonZoyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Kwamz Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:07 am

I think House M.D. is the best thing on TV at the moment but not of all time because it does not cater to everyone's taste. I think the best series of alll time would have to be one which has been made quite a while ago.

I am thinking from US a show like Friends, because you can watch that and still laugh in my opinion Friends changed TV in a big way. And for British TV I liked the older stuff like Blackadder and Steptoe & Son (I think that is that name Very Happy )

Last edited by Kwamz on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Kwamz

Back to top Go down

Post  Live for Films Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:08 am

I have never seen a single episode of House. I know, I know.

Too much Stuart Little (my son loved it) put me into hate mode for Hugh Laurie's American accent.
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kwamz Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:22 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I actually think his accent in House is amazing, it is one of the things that is a real surprise to be honest. Afterwhile, you don't get an ounce of Britishness from him. (Yeah that was bad English , I know Very Happy)

Kwamz

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarfreak Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:35 pm

My favorites:

I Love Lucy
Kolchack: The Night Stalker
The Simpsons
Seinfeld
The X-Files
The Office (USA and UK)
thewarfreak
thewarfreak

http://www.olympicartichoke.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  logical_paul Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:58 pm

I'm sure there's people who will disagree but I think of all the tv shows I love The Soprano's is the most consistently good.Throughout all 6 series I never felt that it was being padded out just to keep a good earner going.Lots of tv series start out so well and then by the end of the 2nd series the producers realise that the ratings are starting to rise and they keep it going for as many more series as they can for the sake of money.I realise that tv needs money to keep going but when this happens I think you run the risk of turning a great story into little more than a soap opera with characters being put through the same old scenarios.
After watching 5 series of The Sopranos I felt that series 6 gave us a great final payoff--The main character Tony,albeit very violent and ruthless is extremely funny and likeable but as the final series unfolds we start seeing him doing really nasty questionable things that make you sit back and realise that,hey wait a minute,all this violence and murder isn't really that funny and I'm not sure if I like this guy anymore.
I think the first 5 series seem to make light of and glorify their way of life and then in the 6th they flip it on its head and show you what monsters they really are and you come away thinking about the real life versions of these people and the fact that they are just horrible psychopaths.
That's what I liked about it anyway!
logical_paul
logical_paul

http://www.paulblackburnmusic.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezarath Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:48 am

Mash.
Cheers.
Taxi.
Lost.
Sopranos.
Dark Shadows.
X-files.
Star Blazers.
Robotech.
The Shield.
Evangelion.
Full Metal Alchemist.
Batman 90's cartoon series.
Johnny Quest 70s series.
I Love Lucy
The Late Show with Johnny Carson.
Star Trek Next Generation.
Star Trek First Generation.
The Twilight Zone.
The Outer Limits.
Transformers Gen 1.
Quantum Leap.

Last edited by Dezarath on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Dezarath
Dezarath

http://kevin164.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Live for Films Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:54 am

Some nice picks there. Dark Shadows was a good series. Had a lot of potential in it
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:21 pm

I think everyone is forgetting about Dexter, amazing show.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:41 pm

I watch way too much television, but here we go.

The X Files
Twin Peaks
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under
The Simpsons
Angel
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Mad Men
Lost
Alias
Fringe
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

http://virgilbrigmanbackontheair.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What is the greatest TV show of all time? Empty What is the greatest TV show of all time?

Post  wrk4rstash Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Friends, Lost, Family Guy, Naruto, 30 Rock....these all are the best and hit show of all time.

moderator edit: links for free downloadable dvd quality episodes removed, looks fishy!

wrk4rstash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum