Live for Films
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and worst films of 2010

5 posters

Go down

Best and worst films of 2010 Empty Best and worst films of 2010

Post  Live for Films Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 am

In your opinion what has been the best film of this year so far? What has been the worst?
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

http://www.liveforfilms.com

Back to top Go down

Best and worst films of 2010 Empty Best and Worst 2010

Post  SloppySam Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Well Iron Man 2 is easily the worst movie of 2010 by far, just because it is so pointless who even cares? Fuck does anyone even remember the film? Also it was no fun, RDJ just seems bored with the part and the bad guy is just a redo of the first one. And any movie that steals the end of Predator and makes such a pussy movie around that ending is an automatic failure. Fatrow needs to stick with acting.

Shrek 4 probably second worst because again, who cares? Why was the movie even made? Do they all need money that badly?

Shutter Island is a distant third, because while it isn't as pointless as those two, it is just a waste of time. Marty has maybe 2 movies in him before all the coke catches up. So why waste his time on that nonsense. He needs to get everyones mouth off of his dick and be more like Luc Besson who 20-30 years from now people will see was one of the most important people in film making. He's like the Roger Corman of France. Scorsese could throw his name around more to get smaller faire that he loves more lime light (Gammoah, A Prophet) rather then wasting his time getting close up of Baby Face you'll never look over the age of 20 Leo.

Finally, Alice in Wonderland. This is probably the worst film all in all, I just don't hate it. It again is just pointless and negative fun. It was just too easy for Burton to do, so you can tell he didn't really try.

Best movies of the year so far:

Edge of Fucking Darkness. Fucking excellent adult crime/noir/thriller what ever the fuck you wanna call it. Can't believe I pussied out and didn't see it in theaters.

How To Train Your Dragon. Greatest animated film since Toy Story. Also amazing score and use of 3-D. Also no fucking talking animals. Probably the best viking film ever made, easily the best dragon film ever made, one of the best animal films ever made.

I guess A Prophet is third place, solid good prison film. And fourth place Toy Story 3, just because. I'm betting some of those I haven't seen will take these two spots.

The thanks for the fun awards go to:

Date Movie, Kick Ass and Daybreakers. For just being better then your trailer, a lot of fun and not sucking.

Main movies I've still yet to see:
A-Team/Robin Hood/Book of Eli/Wolfman/Cop Out/Marmaduke

Best actual movie I've seen this year, but didn't come out this year. The Rocket, one of the greatest sports movies ever made that no one has seen (because it's canadian) and everyone who has ever played a sport needs to see to know what it means to be a true athlete. Well unless you want to hate all professional atheletes playing today, then don't see it.
SloppySam
SloppySam

Back to top Go down

Best and worst films of 2010 Empty Re: Best and worst films of 2010

Post  themoviesfive Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Without a doubt, Grown Ups is the worst movie I've seen this year. Lazy, smug, and unfunny.

Please Give and Splice I thought were two very good movies playing this year. Splice was a nice, suspenseful, humane sci-fi drama and Please Give was true to life and funny. Anyone else seen these films? Any thoughts on them?

themoviesfive

Back to top Go down

Post  Live for Films Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Haven't seen Please Give or Splice but they are on my list.

I've got Edge of Darkness to watch.
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

http://www.liveforfilms.com

Back to top Go down

Post  themoviesfive Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 am

What movies do you think are the best and worst this year? Want to link up with me by the way?

themoviesfive

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:40 am

i have to agree on Alice in Wonderland, i was like WhyTF am i watching this mess.
Horrible design on everything, and the CGI especially the animation was painful to watch
(why in all of creation did they have to 100% animate the body of that dude with the
hartshaped eyepatch?). Depp was the same character he has played the last 10 movies,
the whole movie felt soul-less and empty, not close to a dream or a magical journey.
graff, tim burton and depp are so over-rated ^^

Easily one of the worst movies i have seen in years.

Best so far is A-Team, yarr!

anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Best and worst films of 2010 Empty About Alice

Post  SloppySam Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:02 pm

My biggest gripe is that Burton had to point out that EVERY animal could talk. Even the Dragon. Like right in the middle of battle Alice and the Dragon start having a convo I was like???? That thing fucking talks as well? Also the plot was SO pointless, things only happened to move the plot from point A to point B, which ruins any magical ride about the whole thing. You realize that things only happen in the movie to move the plot forward, it's Alice In Wonderland there should have been a zanyness to it, like they didn't even need the rabbit and only use him to get Alice into the hole.

What's sad (but good since it made so much money) was that the actress who played Alice did a pretty good job I think she saved the movie for me, she could have easily runied it. She was the only reason I was able to finish it, hopefully she gets much better work in the future.
SloppySam
SloppySam

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Best i've seen this year is Toy Story 3, after that maybe The A-Team.
The worst is Alice in Wonderland, and i'm looking forward to seeing The Expendables.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:57 am

oh, yeah the Expendables and Predators, i think those two are good candidates for best film, or atleast most entertaining movie.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  themoviesfive Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:11 pm

What is the Experndables about. And isn't Predators yet another remake. Why are people so psyched about it. Is there something I'm missing?

themoviesfive

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:22 am

themoviesfive wrote:What is the Experndables about. And isn't Predators yet another remake. Why are people so psyched about it. Is there something I'm missing?

i think it's because it's going to be the second really good predator movie since the first one. because predator 2 sucked, and the AVP's sucked too.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:54 am

Predators: according to IMDB trivia:

While often erroneously referred to as being a reboot or remake of the Predator series,
the film is instead meant to be a sequel to Predator (1987) and Predator 2 (1990) while
ignoring the events of the Alien vs Predator films.

Alien, Aliens
Predator, Predators.
Just by naming it Predators it makes the movie a must see for me hehe Razz
Only problem is that Alan Silvestri couldn't make the music because of A-Team Sad

And the Expendables, just look at that cast Very Happy 90s style action with the almost all the
greatest action-stars of all time in a single movie. i know i'm psyched Very Happy
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down