Live for Films
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the last film you watched?

+24
filmrant
themoviesfive
AgentGraves
CriticalTodd
thesubstream
Asherett
logical_paul
crazzycat
Tony Thulago
pjowens75
Kwamz
catfacer
Deckard
thewarfreak
GonZoyote
Amy Laurel
Nenad
ToxicDeath
Daan
beerbellybirch
Mekka
anotherzen
DeCoursey
Live for Films
28 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What was the last film you watched? - Page 11 Empty Re: What was the last film you watched?

Post  Oddeh Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Gone Baby Gone

Strong cast deliver powerful performances in what must be seen as a heartwrencher for parents.
Still works well as a gritty detective tale for those of us without children.

8/10
Oddeh
Oddeh

Back to top Go down

What was the last film you watched? - Page 11 Empty Re: What was the last film you watched?

Post  anotherzen Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:24 pm

Hunt to Kill
7,5/10

A nicely done action movie witch is a blend between Rambo: First Blood and a random Steven Seagal movie
with a twist of Cliffhanger.

Steve Austin once again proves he is a capable actor and is easy the best in the cast. Nice pacing and
filmed in a cool location (forest). Some scenes seemed foreced and prolly could have been cut or done better
but overall it delivers solid action in the 80s and 90s style.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:01 pm

Lost Boys 3: the Thirst
7/10

Actually much better than i tought. The music is top notch as allways, not as good as the first
and second movie tho, but still pretty good and very 2010ish. There is a nice backstory to it all
even flashbacks to the first movie and Jamison Newlander is back as Alan Frog!

The pacing is good, but i feel there are moments that could have been longer, especially all the
scenes with music, most of them are quick shots of someone driving and music and then cut after
5-10sec, should atleast have been 30+ secs. The plot is something between Lost Boys 1, Blade 1
and the very boring webseries Beyond the Rave. It ties inn more mythology, some very nice fights
good comedy that actually fits more with the first Lost Boys movie and all in all has good acting
and scenery. Its still low budget tho, but pulls that off nicely, but the plot itself has been done
before and they seem to have had trouble with the time, because some stuff scenes look like
they where slammed together real quick.

Tho better than the second movie, its nowhere near the first. Saying that its still good,
enjoyable and have some nice surprises throughout. Can't wait for #4 Wink

RED
8,5/10

Awesome ensemble cast of "old" kickass people ^^
Action is sweet, humor is spot on, actors are great and the story is solid.
I have never read or even seen the comic tho, but for me this was really fun.
Could have been more absurd tho, i feel they where going for that but didn't
quite hit it all the time.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Cats & Dogs 2: the Revenge of Kitty Galore
8/10

Not as satisfying and outright funny as the first, but still very good stuffs.
Someone must have had a campaign against it on imdb, its as of writing this
on the bottom #100 list and has a rating of 2.5. Witch is just crazy.

the first one was a straight up 10 in my book, but thats because of the
character Mr. Tinkles, and he delivers the best scenes in the sequel aswell.
Its mostly parodies of other action movies, obviously James Bond, Mission
Impossible and one liners and homages through and through, and if you
take it for what it is, its close to brilliant, just not as brilliant as the first.

Good fun, good fun indeed.

Hope they make a 3rd, because im all for that Very Happy
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 pm

the Dark Lurking
7/10

australian 80s/90s style low-budget movie that has great setpeices, stunning lighting and good
special effects with decent soundtrack and soundmixing. A story that is on-par with similar movies.
But incredibly shitty actors. In the first half of the movie its almost so bad that most prolly will just
turn it off, but as more and more die, those that remain manage bring home the movie.. just barely.
It could have been a bit shorter too.

Its in essence a remake of Aliens and Doom, with lots of nods and homages to both and many more
similar movies and games thorugh camera shots and sound effects. The thing is, its supposed to be just
that, and if that is what you take it for, its pretty amazing what they have been able to do with such a
budget. ($1,000,000 (estimated).

If you can bare through the awful acting, you will find a little gem here.

the Other Guys
9/10

Not what i expected at all. A must see!

anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:46 pm

Tron - 8/10

Decided to watch this again to get me pumped for the 23 minute preview of Tron: Legacy i get to see on thursday.

It's been a while since i've seen this one, could not really remember all of it, but that made it more fun to watch.
Can't wait to see how awesome Legacy will be, in glorious(?) 3-D.

When i get back from the preview, i'll share what i saw.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:37 am

Daan wrote:Machete - 7,5

I don't really know what to say about this movie, i expected some pretty unrealistic action, but nothing in the world could have prepared me for this one.
The action was awesome, the story absurd, good amount of humor and don't get me started on the women.
the reason i didn't score it higher, because i felt like the movie was being stretched at the end, and that the constant action was getting a bit too much, but that's what they were going for i think. great movie in it's genre, but not something i would watch again soon.

I agree, great movie, and i too think it seemed abit long, just like the other Grindhouse movies, tho they where originaly much
shorter. And finaly Steven Seagal gets to play in something with production value and a budget Very Happy
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Tron: Legacy (23 minute preview)

They showed 4 scenes,

Scene 1: In this scene, Alan visits Sam Flynn (Garret Hedlund), telling him he received a page from the old arcade his father used to work (20 years after his dissapearance)
Sam goes to the arcade and discovers his father's secret office, and of course, get's lasered into the grid.

Scene 2: This is where the 3-D effects came into play, Sam is captured by a recognizer, and he's told that he has to play the games, he gets outfitted and is put in the ring, where he has to play Disc Wars, this part looked awesome, amazing visuals, especially the De-ressing.

Scene 3: Sam escapes in some sort of car, chased by 3 lightcycles, The person that is driving Sam takes care of 2 of the lightcycles (the crashes look very cool) The driver reveals herself to be Quorra (Olivia Wilde).

Scene 4: Sam and Quolla drive into this secret base, where they meet Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), older of course, and father & son reunite after 20 years.

That was the end of the preview, i'm very excited about this movie, and i think it's something you HAVE to see in IMAX 3-D, i know i will.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam
6/10

I know Black Adam is a crazy powerfull "villain". But in this he just kicks supermans ass in favor of
Captain Marvel who in turn kicks Black Adam's ass.

Didn't like that at all, all three, atleast as far as i know, are about the same in powerlevel, with
superman ofcourse prevailing in the bitter end as he always does. Or if you count he DC Universe
cinematic, he just blows black adam out of the water with ease.

Anywho, a bit on the short side, could have had more lore on black adam and the Marvel family
i guess, and Supes is portrayed as a weakling.

Voicework and animation was good to great tho, and there is a tiger. \o/
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 pm

Altitude
3,5/10

The Sobbing Continues
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Live for Films Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:49 am

What a shame Altitude is that bad. I knew it would not be great,but there you go.

Cronos - 7.5/10

Del Toro's take on vampires. Watched the Blu-Ray version and it looks lovely, although the film is not quite as good as I remember it. Seems a lot shorter.

The Haunting - 9 / 10

One of the spookiest, scariest films of all time

Charley Varrick - 7/10

Great con movie. Walter Matthau was excellent and I had no idea which way it was going
Live for Films
Live for Films
Admin

http://www.liveforfilms.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:39 am

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - 8/10

Got a chance to catch the midnight premiere here in my town, it was a good movie. I'm not a huge fan of the harry potter series, but i have seen them all, and after seeing this, i can't wait for the next part to be released.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:22 am

had an Uwe Boll mini marathon last night, and i must say, the man never ceases to amaze me.

Rampage
8,5/10

Awesome massmurder movie with a nice plot-twist. Great acting from the lead and generally
just great. The Bingo scene is pure perfection, its worth to see the movie just because of that
one scene.

bad points: abit too much shaky cam for those who get motion sick easily and the actor who plays
his mom.. is a bad actor Razz

Darfur
9/10

This one however is something else, because its based on something that is actually going on now, and
this movie was made to get people to be aware of the horrible things that happen.

With an most awesome cast (incl. Billy Zane), doing prolly some of their best work, this movie tries to
deliver the horrors of what is the genocide happening in Sudan to the silver screen, and it does it without
skimping on the brutality. This is a very graphic movie, and it has to be, its the truth.

the only bad thing i can say about this movie is that there is too much shaky cam in this one aswell,
tho i don't really mind it, i know others do and will.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Play Misty For Me - 7/10

This movie was really good, but annoying at times, because in most Clint Eastwood films, he is this bad-ass who won't think twice about punching someone in the face, in this movie he is just a regular guy who seems unable to hand this kind of situation, how we would all respond to a pshychotic woman stalking you.
Very exciting movie, and to think that this was his directorial debut.
If you're an Eastwood fan, you will really enjoy this one.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Superman Returns. I adore this film so much, I can't get enough of it, it is truly one of the most majestic and beautiful comic book adaptations ever made.

Buried. Uncomfortable, nail bitingly intense and boasting a great lead performance from Ryan Reynolds.
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

http://virgilbrigmanbackontheair.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm

The Social Network-10/10.

Watched this again for the second time this week and was even better than the first, if that was possible. Truly great stuff and hopefully it'll have some major wins at the Oscars next week.
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

Back to top Go down

Post  anotherzen Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:41 am

All-star Superman
8,5/10

Great Superman telling of the comic (i never read).
I felt there where something missing from the story, but i think it might be very true to the comic.
anotherzen
anotherzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Daan Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Tron: Legacy 8/10
The first movie where i liked the 3-D effects, if you're a TRON fan it's a must see.

True Grit: 7,5/10
Not quite sure what to think about this, it was a good movie, but i think it took a long time for i started to get into the movie.

The King's Speech: 9/10
This was great, Really deserves all the oscar nominations it got.
Daan
Daan

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Superman:The Movie. 10/10. A masterpiece, the film that does for superheroes what The Godfather did for gangsters. Everything from the Krypton opening, to Clark's teenage years in Smallville to a grown up Clark arriving in Metropolis, this is a great piece of blockbuster entertainment.
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:00 pm

300-8/10. I never know whether to think of 300 as a genuinely good movie or as a guilty pleasure, but simply put I love it. It ain't subtle, it ain't clever, but what it is is great fun, fantastic battle sequences and full of style.
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:00 pm

True Grit, 10/10. I have to say I really, really liked The Coens remake. I understand why you said it took a while for you to get into the movie Daan as it does take its time in that first half hour, but I really, really enjoyed this, great performances from everyone, including Steinfeld.
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Let Me In. I know there's a mentality to instantly not like this film due to the fact it's an Americanised version of a beloved foreign language film, but I really liked this film a lot. An emotionally intelligent, well made American horror film is all to rare these days so, it makes me really appreciate Matt Reeves' version a lot.
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Had a James Cameron double bill last night with the theatrical edition of Avatar followed by the legend, the masterpiece, the brilliance that is The Terminator.
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Been having a bit of Batman season lately, with both Burton's Batman and Batman Returns. Just have to decide if I have it to go all the way and watch Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. Truthfully I don't think I have the stomach for it.
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

Back to top Go down

Post  Virgil Brigman Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Went to see Limitless last night. Really enjoyed it, a good fun, fast paced drama/thriller, good lead performance from Bradley Cooper and De Niro was the best he's been in a while. 8/10.
Virgil Brigman
Virgil Brigman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next